Problems with Your Freelander Engine?
Do You Want Your Beloved Freelander Running Perfectly Again?
We Can Help!
Why buy a second hand engine which you know little about when you can have your current engine reconditioned with new parts to assure you of many thousands more miles of trouble free motoring?
What is a Reconditioned Engine?
- A fully reconditioned cylinder head,that has been pressure tested, refaced, decoked, the valves reseated. the hydraulic lifters drained and resealed.
- New head gasket set with retaining bolts.
- New piston rings
- New gaskets & seals throughout.
- Crank shaft ground or polished
- New crank shaft bearings, both main & big end.
- New cam belt kit
- New water pump, not provided with most engine rebuilds and important to change if you have had overheating problems.
- New thermostat, not provided with most engine rebuilds and important to change if you have had overheating problems.
- New oil filter
- New glow plugs
Giving you a fantastic, as new engine. No need to worry about whether a replacement engine has problems too, this way you KNOW that all the important parts are BRAND NEW.
Can you ship Worldwide?
Yes, we will ship anywhere in the world (providing we can find a courier who will do it!)
Give us a call on
for a shipping quotation.
How much does it cost?
To recondition your Freelander 2.0 L series or 2.0 TD4 engine the price is only £1,695 including VAT for the L-Series Freelander (1997 – 2000) and £1,895 including VAT for the TD4 Freelander (2000 – 2006). A VAT invoice will be provided
If the engine is to be shipped outside the EU then UK VAT is not applicable and the price for the engine will be £1,413 for the L-Series and £1580 for the TD4.
If you are a VAT registered business outside of the UK but within the EU then the engine will be £1,413 for the L-Series and £1580 for the TD4 provided you supply and we can verify your VAT registration number.
Do I need to return my old engine?
Please note that this is a rebuild of your engine, or an engine supplied on an exchange basis (subject to availability of an equivalent engine).
There is a surcharge of £250 if you are not returning your old engine, or if your old engine is not suitable as an exchange unit.
Engines are suitable as exchange units provided they do not have any cracks or holes in the block.
How do I get my engine fitted?
Need your newly reconditioned engine fitted? For the complete hassle free service, bring your car to us – we can help with this if required – and we will remove your engine, recondition it and refit it all for you – the next time you see your car it will be on the road and raring to go!
Take away all the hassle of getting your car back on the road for just £695 which includes:
- Removal of your existing engine
- Fitting of your reconditioned engine
- Coolant flush – so your whole system is as clean as your new engine!
- Engine oil
- High grade engine additive to give superior lubrication to your new engine
If your car does not drive and you need to get it to us to fit your newly reconditioned engine why not try:
- Phoning your breakdown recovery service, if you have one. These will sometimes transport your car for free, or at a reduced rate.
- Giving us a call on 0780 9575 421 and we will arrange to transport your car to us for a cost of £1.80 per mile (calculated one way only to IP26 4RH). We can collect from anywhere in Europe (ferry crossings will be charged additionally where applicable).
How long will it take?
We know how desperate you are to get your beloved vehicle back on the road. That’s why, whether you are looking for just the engine, or the whole package with it all fitted and you being mobile again, we aim to have the job completed within one week – oh, can you hear that open road calling!
How can I pay for my reconditioned engine?
The painful bit I know! But we like to give you as much choice as possible, so we accept:
- Cash on collection (always nice!)
- All Major Credit Cards (including AMEX) – over the phone or on collection
- Direct Bank Transfer
- Cheques – provided they clear before delivery or collection
What if something goes wrong?
We don’t like things going wrong, and you certainly wouldn’t! Quality is important to us, but in the event that something does go wrong you have our
12 month, unlimited mileage warranty.
Our warranty covers you for all parts and labour in the event of any failure of a component due to unforseen circumstances. Just bring your car back to us and we will sort it out.